What travel expenses do you charge for long-distance shoots?

Note: QOTDs (Questions Of The Day) are from our Facebook page. If you would like to submit a question, please click here to submit your question. We will then post them on our Facebook page and let our fans respond to the question.  We will then transfer the question over to our blog so we can keep them in an organized way for others to see.

QOTD from Anna: "Question...I have a client who would like me to do family photos for their upcoming family reunion. The reunion is 1 1/2 hours away from me (3 hours round trip). I've never traveled this far for a shoot. Do I charge travel time or just gas? If so, what do I charge for the travel time? I have no idea. What are your thoughts?"

Critty: Yes...you should charge her the government per diem for travel and for your travel time too!http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/21287

Anna: Thank you so much, Critty. That's cut and dry, just what I was looking for! Thanks for posting, Brooke :)

Belinda: Here in Australia we charge travel rates (some of us do) and that covers fuel/gas and travel, also insurance coverage and time

Feel free to keep responding to this question using our comment section below.

Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.

Also in Photography Tips For Photographers and Posing Guides, Photography Marketing Templates, Contracts and Forms, Photoshop Actions, Lightroom Presets, Tutorials, Business, Online Photography School | www.bp4ublog.com

How to become a professional photographer

Fall Photo Challenge | Win a FREE Canvas

Did you hear? It's Two Dollar Tuesday!

Please select a wishlist category